ZAPATISTA ARMY FOR NATIONAL LIBERATION
December 15, 2016
To the scientific community of Mexico and the world:
To the National and International Sixth:
We send you our greetings. We want to update you on the plans for the gathering “The Zapatistas and ConSciences for Humanity,” to be held at the CIDECI-UniTierra in San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, from December 25, 2016 through January 4, 2017.
- As of December 12, 2016, we have the confirmed participation of 82 scientists from the following countries:
Mexico (Baja California, Campeche, Mexico City, Mexico State, Jalisco, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla, Querétaro, San Luis Potosí)
- The areas in which they work are the following:
|Quantum Field Theory
Physiology and Biophysics of
Genetic Mutation and
Genomics of Microorganisms
Origin and Evolution of Life
Intelligent Systems Control
Aquaculture and Conservation of
Food Science and Technology
Animal Behavior and Communication
Behavioral and Conservation Ecology
Evolutionary Ecology of Microorganisms
Ecology and Agroecology
Energy Systems Engineering
Environmental Chemical Engineering
Magnetic Separation of Minerals
- Scientists and attendees may register on December 25, 2016. Activities will begin on December 26, at 10am, and will conclude on January 4, 2017, at 6pm. There will be an intermission on December 31, 2016 and January 1, 2017.
- The electronic address to register as a listener/observer is: conCIENCIAS@ezln.org.mx
- Two hundred Zapatista bases of support—women, men, children, and elders—of the languages Tzeltal, Tzotzil, Tojolabal, Chol, Zoque, Mame, and mestizo, will attend as students. The Zapatista students are the only ones who may direct questions to the scientists who present.
- The gathering will have general sessions, information sessions, and workshops.
That’s all for now.
From the mountains of the Mexican Southeast,
Subcomandante Insurgente Moisés
Mexico, December 2016